We nurture talents, promote their health and safety, and their affirmation as individuals. Through our FamilyWorking Program, we recognize to our employees 5 fundamental rights to positively combine work and family: Technology, Flexibility, Family, Wellness and to be a Parent
The main difficulties of workers in managing children in Phase 2
Chief Executive Officer of NHOA Group
In this climate of absolute uncertainty, smart working is not a solution, but a titanic undertaking for families, who find themselves having to manage a job at full capacity, remotely, which does not provide for reconciliation with family routines. entrepreneur I feel the duty to give an answer and concrete tools, starting from my collaborators, to protect not only their safety, but also their psychological and family balance.This is why NHOA has launched FamilyWorking, a new corporate organizational structure : it is our response to the crisis, from which we are confident we will come out soon, but also our proposal for the way of working in the future, in which speed and flexibility will be essential to restart quickly, more united and stronger than before.
The bill of Rights
The fundamental principle of FamilyWorking is that going to the office to work is a right, not a duty, and the new natural workplace is your home. FamilyWorking is not remote working but the official recognition of 5 rights aimed to positively combine work and family: a responsibility of the top management, who, by choosing it as an organizational set-up, must ensure its fulfillment
Right to technology
If home is the new office, tools must be adequate. It cannot be acceptable to work remotely without access to the best technologies, the best infrastructure, and the most realistic and advanced virtual experience. NHOA will prepare the same tools for your home that you had in the workplace.
- A professional workstation: HD screen, dock station, ergonomic chair, HD webcam and a contribution to your broadband Wi-Fi connection.
- Completely but balanced virtual interaction: get used to work only from your workstation, separate the time dedicated to work from the time dedicated to your family. And remember that a video call reduces stress by 60% compared to a phone call, but only if you have high quality audio and video.
Right to flexibility
Working eight hours straight is the past and a nightmare for the family. Traditional part time is a obstacles course, and getting it is often a miracle. In FamilyWorking, working hours are based on your needs and the balance between family and work.
NHOA allows you the maximum hourly flexibility.
- Flexible day, marked by the family: You will be able to do your work when it suits your family routine best. You will no longer be forced to operate in the 9-18 time slot.
- Flexible Part Time, from month to month: If you have children, you can temporarily reduce your working hours.
Right to family
If you do not answer to a video call it is because you can’t be disturbed, because you are dedicating time to the family and the company has the obligation to respect it.
NHOA helps you to manage the communication with your colleagues effectively and sustainably:
Video calls only, only from your desk: Among colleagues, traditional phone calls are completely replaced by video calls. Talk will be done only by videoconference, and from the workstation. The video makes communication more effective, less stressful, and more human. Answering only from a computer allows you to separate work from personal activities as well. Of course it will be essential to uninstall the video conferencing system from the company’s mobile phone: you will have to do it to give priority to your family.
Family and rest: Sending mails or instant messaging to colleagues is interrupted from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. The time flexibility cannot go beyond these hours, which must be dedicated to family and to rest. A popup with a reminder will appear on your screen.
Right to well-being
NHOA helps you to maintain an active and balanced lifestyle in partnership with PhysioTechLab and Fabrizio Macchi, NHOA spokesperson and Paralympic athlete with 29 Italian championships, 4 European medals, 15 world medals, including 2 golds and bronze at the 2004 Athens Games
- Fitness: Every week you can join fitness and postural gym classes on Weltiq, the innovative PhysioTechLab online platform with dedicated personal trainers. To motivate you, 20% of your variable compensation will be paid based on your attendance to these courses or according to other goals defined by your Line Manager. Your family members can participate too: always involve them!
- Measure health and stress: Everyday you can use M.e.a.sure, the innovative self-assessment test of your physical state, and Beaconforce, App that measures your levels of engagement, motivation and stress with the aim of identifying areas of potential intervention and effective initiatives for team management improvement. To work effectively you don’t have to give up to your free time and your well-being. Never.
Right to be a parent
Raising children while working from home requires not only routine and organization, but content. Parents end up being the only ones to witness the hardships of their children, their regressions, their expressions of fear, their moments of sadness and isolation, the relationship created between adults and children by coexisting 24/7. The company will help to raise the interaction with children by providing dedicated experts and content.
NHOA thanks to the partnership with the nursery-school for children, the Locomotiva di Momo – an educational excellence in Milan for 25 years inspired by the Reggio approach-, will give you tools and quality content to support your parenting path:
- Weekly webinars with a pedagogue to improve your children’s growth path.
- Adult discussion rooms Weekly webinars with an educator to improve your children’s growth path. Discussion rooms between adults conducted by expert pedagogues on issues of growth and specific issues that emerged as consequences of the COVID-19 emergency: exposure of children to screens, attachment of children, management of autonomy, quality of learning within the home walls and impediment of social relations between peers.
- Individual or couple pedagogical listening desk, which can be activated on demand, conducted by a pedagogist, with the purpose of supporting the critical issues that emerged from the management of children, rules, time and family relationships.
How much does phase 2 cost to companies
Monthly costs for each employee. The amounts, net of VAT, take into account only the variable and differential costs, with the respective depreciation relating to the investments, for each NHOA employee at the Milarno site, the engineering center that before the COVID-19 emergency over 70 resources